Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
January Forum — Program Planning
League Members, Your Presence and Input are Requested at the January Program Planning Forum!
January 6, 7:00 p.m.
Members, the January Forum is all about you and what forums/programs you want to be involved in. In League lingo, “Program” consists of the body of issues we choose for study, education and action. Program can include both education and advocacy work. At our January Forum we will discuss the results of our recent survey on many topics and hear more about what issues interest you.
Here’s what to expect at Thursday's Forum:
- President Heather Kelly and Program Chair Adele Reynolds will welcome everyone and explain the agenda for the evening.
- Lev Elson-Schwab, Action Chair, will talk about Action Work for the coming year and specifically his committee and the help he needs.
- Each breakout room will have the same agenda to follow.
- Board members will lead the breakout room through the agenda and take notes.
- We are inviting some knowledgeable folk to be RESOURCE PEOPLE to introduce themselves, share their passions and what they can offer, but not take over the brief 15-20 minutes.
- Members of the breakout room will discuss the topic. One individual member needs to volunteer to share results with the bigger audience after the breakout session ends.
Breakout Session Agenda:
In your breakout rooms you will read and then discuss the short description of the topic. Each group will be asked to:
- Break the topic down into what it means to them
- Decide what they individually want to work on
- Consider how it would translate to an activity for 2022
- A forum to be organized?
- A study/research to pursue?
- Action(s) could include:
- Proposing a LWVSKC committee to start up or joining an existing one
- Interacting with King County Council or City Councils (write, observe, testify as individuals at meetings)
- Action via LWVWA.org at the legislature (write, observe, testify as individuals at hearings, etc.)
- Public education projects
Each breakout room will focus on a different topic. These topics are based on the survey results.
Come prepared to speak up on what interests you — what you want to work on in 2022!
Register for the Program Planning Forum here!
Thursday, January 06, 2022, 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM
First Thursday Forum